SafetyWe focus on safety.
We believe that on-site safety means more than just wearing a hardhat.
We make sure that all of our staff and subcontractors receive the latest training in best practices and techniques in job safety. Our Experience Modification Rate (EMR) is the lowest in the industry.
Safety is part of our mission. Not only is it the right thing to do for our people and yours, it also makes good sense in terms of cost-effectiveness and our reputation. We make sure this safety philosophy trickles down to all of our subcontractors. We encourage open lines of communication and welcome safety suggestions and concerns from all employees. Everybody on-site knows that safety is a full-time job.
- We help control a safe overall site
- Our employees, subcontractors, and suppliers adhere to strict safety practices
- We plan our work effort every day, review the plan, and then execute the plan
- Full-time Corporate Safety Director
- On-Site Field Safety Inspector
- Corporate Health & Safety Program
- All project superintendents maintain OSHA 30 Hour Certifications as well as First Aid & CPR training
- Training in Excavation and Trenching, Confined Space, Hazardous Waste Worker, Silica Exposure, Fall Protection, Respiratory, First Aid & CPR, etc.
- Management and Unions Service Together Member (MUST)
- All field personnel subject to annual and random drug testing
- Personal Protective Equipment – 100%
- Job-specific safety plans
- Job hazard analysis
- Daily safety huddles and pre-task planning
- Weekly toolbox talks
- Daily equipment checklists
- EMR rating for 2021-22: 0.66